Friday, April 13, 2012

Our DIY Boutonniere

Brian and I are already married for almost five months now. I can't believe how time flies by so fast! Just last year, we were just scouting venues for our wedding and now all I can say is that I've had so much fun with all those wedding preparations. Anyway, I just wanted to share to you guys one of our wedding details that I'm quite proud of: our DIY boutonniere:


Me and my sister worked together to make this. We made a total of 23 boutonnieres - one for Brian, two for the dads, one for Pastor Sonny, one for Janjan (Brian's Best Man), 3 for the groomsmen, another 3 for the secondary sponsors, 3 for the little boys, and the last 9 for our principal sponsors. It took me and my sister months to finish this because we didn't have the luxury of time to work on it in one sitting and the final design wasn't decided upon right away.

The materials we used for this DIY wedding project were stiff Gray and Lavender felt cloths, some dried wheat bundles (in dark violet and light brown), small white and light lavender artificial flowers, thick nylon strands topped with silver beads, ribbons, buttons, floral wire and a music sheet printed on parchment paper. Almost all of the materials we used were purchased from Tabora Market in Divisoria.

Anyway, what I'm really excited about this boutonniere is the parchment paper we used to wrap the base. Since Brian and I are into music, I really wanted some music elements/design to be incorporated into our wedding. I initially thought of including a glitter wire formed into a G-Clef as part of the design but the work involved seemed too much so what I did was to print a music sheet into a parchment paper, cut it up into pieces and used it to wrap the base of the boutonniere. It's so cute!

After making all the boutonnieres we individually mounted them against a glittery black cardboard paper and secured it with pins (which was also used to pin the boutonniere on the guys' lapels). We also personalized it by labeling each with the names of the guys who will be wearing them.

Anyway, I'll try to do a step-by-step tutorial on making this boutonniere soon...I just hope my schedule permits me to!

So what do you guys think? Leave your comments below :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...